For most players, gambling a little bit online is a fun way to spend some leisure time. And this is what gambling should be all about. However, for a few players, gambling online can be a problem. This page is about responsible gambling. This is something that we at Casino-Bonus.com supports fully. Again, playing casino online should foremost be a fun experience. It is not all about winning, and it is important that you understand this while playing. An age limit of 18+ years applies to most countries and casinos in order to gamble online.
Never see gambling as an investment – Always play just for fun
It’s important that you as a player do not see the casino playing as an investment. It happens that you sometimes win and sometimes lose. This is a part of gambling and what makes it all entertaining. If you feel that you are in the risk zone of becoming addicted to gambling or is suffering from gambling problems, or if you are starting to lose control of your gambling, then there is help to get (read further down).
Guidelines for Responsible Gambling
- See gambling as a kind of entertainment, not as an investment in order to make money.
- Determine in advance how much time and money you can afford to put on casino games.
- Only play online casinos that are licensed and have solid terms and conditions.
- Always read through the terms and conditions for each casino or bonus offer before starting to play.
- Never borrow money for the purpose of playing on casinos with it.
- Do not try to win back the losses you have had.
- Ask for help if you feel it is difficult to fulfil responsible gambling.
Set a limit for your gambling
At most online casinos today you can access your account settings and choose a personal gaming limit for your specific casino account. This limit can often be set in different ways, for example, by selecting a deposit limit, loss limit, turnover limit or a time limit for the gambling. If you know that you sometimes end up in a bad spiral where you play too long or play with too much money, we recommend that you log in to your game account and set a limit immediately after you create your account.
Test if you might have gambling problems
Review the bullets below. If you feel that you fit in on too many issues and recognize yourself in these situations, it is a good idea to contact any of the independent organizations to get help (see links further down). You may be at risk of becoming a problem gambler.
- You get restless and irritated if you do not play casino daily.
- You would rather play casino online than spend time with family and friends.
- You borrow money and get debts by playing.
- You are lying about the reason why you want to borrow money.
- You are always thinking about casino games.
- You prioritize spending money on casino games before essential things like rent and food.
- You break your game budget even if you have one.
- You do not tell people in your closest circle that you are playing.
- If you talk about your gambling, it’s just about your winnings, never your losses.
- You always have casino games in mind and suffer from sleep problems and depression.
Seek professional help, support and advice
There are several independent organizations that can give you professional help and support for you as a game addict or if you are having difficulty playing responsibly.
Always play responsibly
It is important that you always gamble and play on casinos responsibly. Check out our guidelines above and do the tests that can help you see if you are or are about to become gambling addictive. You can always contact us if you have any questions about responsible gambling that you think we can assist you with. Otherwise, we recommend that you contact the gambling support organizations listed above. Remember that 18+ years apply to gamble online. Play safe!